Friday, November 16, 2012

Thing #13--Web-based Applications

     For this assignment we had to create a free account at Zoho.com and test out the application's features by creating a document. I wrote something kind of random, just so I could have a sample document there. It's a very well organized site, and I like the set-up; just about the same as Microsoft Word. But seeing as most computers have Microsoft Word I don't see any practical use of this program unless you have no access what-so-ever to Word and need to get something done asap. Sharing files online is useful however, simpler than email most likely.

With google I decided to make a drawing. Sadly I did not have access to a tablet, so I had to draw on my mouse pad. It was very difficult, but it was pretty cool. The line that you are currently drawing will glow until you let go of the mouse, or click it, therefore if you're overlapping it's easy to tell what line you're drawing at the moment. It can get confusing sometimes! Very fun program.

The only practical use I can think of for the classroom is that the students can share work if they are working on a group project. It would be more organized and easier than using email.



No comments:

Post a Comment