Thursday, November 29, 2012

One Last Thing...

I often felt that many of these activities were redundant and tedious, though I did learn a few interesting things I did not enjoy this program too much. I fear I am too much of an old soul to want to use all of this technology for my classroom, especially since I am teaching art and art is all about the physical, tactile expression of making. I do however know what things I will want to utilize to my best abilities and with how the world is progressing now, if I don't understand a program I can always look it up on YouTube or Google! Though I was disappointed that we didn't spend more time discussing how to actually use the physical technology of the classroom, I was very pleased with the organizational tools like iGoogle, which I am now using as my homepage and the use of a wikipage to provide information to my students. Maybe one day I'll get a liking for blogging, but as of right now with so many other things to be worrying about other than posting my discoveries on the web about the web, I'll be placing blogging as a teacher on the back burner. The experience was interesting overall however, so please do not take my negative take personally! Everyone is different after all. I do know that I will be using some of these tools as I progress through my residencies, such as the live binders and maybe animoto to make a fun introduction video of myself : )

No comments:

Post a Comment