Sunday, September 16, 2012

Thing #4--Importance of commenting

Commenting when it comes to blogs, plays a very vital role! Without comments, no conversations can be held, or feedback given. Feedback offers peer-friendly critiques, as well as fundamental arguments that allow you to defend your ideas or see the other side of things. Commenting provides conversation with others, if thought and time is put into the comment itself; no one will want to hold a substantial conversation if all you can think of to say is "Yea, cool, I agree with this."

Commenting also allows you to interact with others, to state your opinion on matters, or even give your feedback to others to encourage them to continue writing. It is a valuable asset to blogging, for without comments or commenting you're just writing to an empty house. Might as well write in a journal!

As required I chose five of my classmate's blogs to comment on, and I chose these classmates at random, reading through each of their posts and commenting on a post that interested me. For instance, Ashley Saunders posted about google documents under one of her things and I commented on this post marveling at what cool technology this is! I myself already have a dropbox, a very similar storage system, and I recommended that she try it out as well along with google docs. I also commented on Alexis Wylie's blog about Pandora, giving my opinion on it's usefulness for the classroom. As for the two blogs, I'm still figuring out how to search for things... so I will get back too it! However, here are the names of the blogs I commented on in my class: Gonna Learn 23 Things, The Wylie Things, Miss McLeroy, Miss McLeroy, and 23 Things!. As for the two non-class blogs, I chose a fashion blog that was created by my friend and old roommate. I enjoy reading her thoughts on fashion, her thoughts on self motivation and seeing her outfit updates because she absolutely rocks the style that she has created for herself; she is just so unique and so inspirational! The second blog took me some time to find, I decided to challenge myself and search for a blog that covered an interest of mine: Yellowstone National Park. And I found one! It's amazing, and it chronicles a woman's one-year adventure in Yellowstone as a Park Ranger. She paints a beautiful picture with her words, and describes moving into the interior of the park and living there, something I dream of doing one day. She's even begun to raise a family there! I know there is a small schoolhouse in the park, so I'm crossing my fingers that I could possibly one day, move out there and teach!

Blogs I posted to:
Ashley Saunders: Gonna Learn 23 Things
Alexis Wylie: The Wylie Things
Alana McLeroy
Desmond Lymon

Amber Rose
One year in Yellowstone


No comments:

Post a Comment