Saturday, September 15, 2012

Thing #2--Blog creating experience

I decided to simply use my real name as my posting name so that it is easy for me to remember, and not as embarrassing as using my online aliases. I'm a bit of a geek, so it seems like it would be unprofessional to use those names for this purpose. I chose my blog name for a similar reason; I chose to simply use my name and the current year so I can easily remember it and hopefully it will be easier for my professor to find and read : )

Creating the blog however was very stressful. I didn't keep up with my username, password and url so it was hard to find my blog. I therefore had to recreate it and start over, luckily I had only done things 1-3 so catching up isn't so bad. But this experience scared me, and taught me that I need to take better care of my many usernames and passwords. Blogging in general however looks really fun, but when you have no time it seems a bit silly. Especially since I already spend too much time on Facebook and Google as it is (when I can't sleep I google animals and draw them).

As for my avatar, or my "doppleme" I feel is a good representation of myself. I am often confused or find myself donning a look of surprise often. I prefer to wear comfortable clothing over something "cute"or professional when I can avoid it, thus she's wearing a simple t-shirt, some jeans and tennis shoes. It was hard to find a hair style that fit though haha, cause my hair is so odd. It's not straight, but not curly, a strange wavy mix that changes with the weather; flat in dry weather, and curly in humidity. She's not holding anything for now because although I love coffee, I'm too poor to buy it daily at Starbucks! So I make my own. Once I have another coin she'll be holding a pony though, I can guarantee you that, to show off my dorkiness. (I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!)

Overall, the creation experience for the blog was alright, and I learned a valuable lesson: keep a record of all your passwords, usernames and url addresses! It was pretty easy to get this together the second time around though, so there's my silver lining. I hope I'm able to get the hang of this new technology and stay up to date with all the progress so I'm not behind my students in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment