Saturday, September 15, 2012

Thing #1--Lifelong learning habits

After reading the slideshow of Seven and 1/2 habits of highly successful lifelong learners, I have narrowed down the two habits that are easiest and hardest for me to deal with.

First is the easiest habit, habit number one: begin with the end in mind.
This habit is something that I've been doing ever since I started college; trying to imagine what the many, many possibilities lay ahead in the future. I am constantly thinking about what hoops I will have to jump through to get to the career I want in life, what I will have to do to succeed, what kind of job(s) can I take on to support myself until then, and I especially ponder the endless possibilities of where I will go once I graduate. There's nothing holding me back, the only place to go is up! But the end of my collegiate journey is where I always begin my thoughts.

Next is the hardest habit, habit number: have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner.
Having confidence in oneself is a very hard thing for many people. It's something I struggle with on a daily basis; some days I feel confidence, other days I'm not sure it exists at all. But these are ups and downs that any growing person has. I have confidence in my learning, but I'm not sure if I'm an effective learner. I have trouble remembering things, and I feel like this is my biggest weakness of effectively learning any subject. It's something I know I need to work on, and will continue to work on so that I can be a competent, effective learner.

This slideshow was very informative and fun, and I'm glad to know the seven and 1/2 habits of lifelong learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment