Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thing #8--Flickr Fun


Here is my mosaic made from fall photos I took last year. I created this image by letting the mosaic maker merge with my flickr account; it was pretty cool! I feel like these mash-ups seem more practical for personal use, but there are endless possibilities to how this can be used in the classroom! Being an art student, I love to rely on visuals. But you could create mash-ups of the students in the class, or with elements of a project, a mini mosaic to show at the beginning of every year to introduce yourself to your students, concepts of an activity and so so much more. It can be a fun and useful tool for the classroom. As for sharing photos online, I'm comfortable sharing my own photos, and certain photos of my person that show me working or looking professional; nothing too casual should be shown in the classroom, but just online in general is different. Facebook has private options for a reason! I want to be casual with my friends, but not with everyone, and I don't want my students to know that their teacher may go out with her friends on Friday evenings. So if this privacy was breached I could potentially lose my job if someone deemed any of my photos as inappropriate or unfit for students to view. I took a nude figure class, so even my personal drawings could be a cause for attack... so I have to be careful and make sure my profile stays private! Yet again, the things we can use this site and other sites for to share pictures online can have just as many pluses as it does minuses. One just has to be smart, and be aware!

No comments:

Post a Comment