Friday, October 5, 2012

Thing #10--RSS Feeds

I honestly did not like the process of figuring out what an RSS Feed was. All of the links provided came up with errors of "not existing on this page" and such so it was frustrating to learn about. The embedded video would not play, but I was able to to view it on YouTube instead so I finally learned what the RSS button was on websites, where to find it, what it does, and how to use Google Reader. Not really knowing what I wanted to follow daily, since I have a small bookmarking system already, I simply followed two of the webcomics I read that update regularly, a teacher's blog I discovered last year while searching for lesson plan ideas, and a fun journal blog I stumbled upon while googling about a female animator I look up to.

This RSS Feed thing could be useful if I find more teacher blogs to follow to help with ideas in the classroom, and as for use in the classroom, I could find some fun art blogs that are age appropriate that I could follow with the students as a class. It could become something of a bell ringer, or a privilege to be earned by good behavior during the class period. It'd be like "Let's check today's feed! What ideas can we get today?" But, I don't think it has any real practical use for now. Not until I fully understand it that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment